GCIRC (Global Council for Innovation in Rapeseed and Canola) "Building a world community for innovation on rapeseed/canola", is an international association of people interested in technical advance made in the production and processing of this product.
- to develop scientific and technical research as well as studies and experiments concerning the improvement of rapeseed and its processed products from the agronomic, technological and food points of view
- to ensure close links between researchers.
To fulfil its aims, GCIRC :
- contributes to the coordination of technical studies carried out in the different countries ;
- assumes responsibility for establishing the dates and locations of International Rapeseed Congresses dealing with rapeseed research every four years ;
- and convenes the scientists from different fields and countries in a plenary session or specialized study committees held periodically between two congresses.
ORGANIZATION OF GCIRC
At this time, GCIRC has 83 members coming from 20 different countries.
The Association has 5 Research Committees: breeding, agronomy, crop protection, analyses, processing & uses, economy.
The General Meeting chooses a Board made up of five members at least and eighteen at the utmost.
The Board members' tenure of office is of four years. The Board chooses a president, a secretary and a treasurer among its members in the framework of the Board meeting following the elective General Assembly.
From 2017 to 2020, the Board is made up of :
- Dr Wolfgang FRIEDT (Germany), President
- Dr Petr BARANYK (Czech Republic)
- Dr Iwona BARTKOWIAK-BRODA (Poland)
- Dr Martin FRAUEN (Germany)
- Mr Albin GUNNARSON (Sweden)
- Dr Wilf KELLER (Canada)
- Dr Simon KIGHTLEY (United-Kingdom)
- Dr Rodney J. MAILER (Australia)
- Mr Etienne PILORGE (France), Secretary-Treasurer
- Dr Hilmer SØRENSEN (Denmark)
- Dr Yongming ZHOU (PR China)
The headquarters are located at the following address :
11 rue de Monceau, CS 60003, 75378 PARIS, France
WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GCIRC ?
- To participate to the orientation of the association by voting at the occasion of the General Assembly (for ex on launching working groups, or sites of TM and congresses)
- To participate to GCIRC activities: research committees, working groups and technical meetings
- To benefit from preferential fees for the International Rapeseed Congress
- To have access to the full GCIRC information base, through the website Members' space
The annual subscription is determined by the Board. Our General Assembly, held on June 17th 2019 in Berlin, during the 15th IRC, decided to reduce the annual membership fee from 120€ to 75€.
For all information, please contact : contact(at)gcirc.org