IRC is held every four years and is the peak international conference for rapeseed R&D focused on advancement of global rapeseed production and utilisation. Since the 1960s the IRC has been helping rapeseed and canola professionals reach new markets and create enduring relationships in the extensive worldwide network of rapeseed experts.
It is a forum for ideas, innovation and networking and is highly respected among participants from industry, academia, and government, as well as sponsors and exhibitors.
IRC-2023 will bring together scientists and representatives from the global agricultural sector to showcase new developments in genetics, breeding, cultivation, plant protection, oil and meal product quality, compositional analysis, and utilisation of end products in the food, feed and energy sectors.
There will be a combination of field trips, presentations and discussions in plenary lectures, thematic sessions and working groups running over six days from 22 to 27 September 2023.
The contributions of leading rapeseed science and industry professionals will address the contemporary challenges and opportunities that are to the fore of the rapeseed/canola industry in 2023. These are expected to include such highlights as:
• Engineering of climate resilient varieties
• Gene editing tools for genome study and new trait creation
• Accelerating gain through genomic selection
• Improvements in oil and meal content and quality
• Specialty Omega-3 Canola oils
• Protein meal for improved animal nutrition
• Tailoring protein for new plant-based meat product markets
• Developments in value-adding processing and fractionation
• Dual-purpose grazing/grain varieties and production systems
• Brassica cover crops for low carbon intensity feedstocks
• Emerging genetic and biological technologies for pest and disease control
• Opportunities for rapeseed in emerging renewable fuel and biobased products markets
• Food vs Feed vs Fuel competition for use of rapeseed products
• Geopolitical impacts on future trade and supply chain dynamics
To register your interest in receiving more information about IRC Sydney 2023, including key dates for abstract submission, registration details, program updates and travel/accommodation options, please use the link below.